In the event series of the ETH Library from June 2022, you can get input on tools and topics that support your academic work in a short and crisp form.
Get to know a new tool in our Coffee Lectures that assists you in your academic work or learn important tips and tricks on topics such as Creative Commons licences, maps and geodata for research and teaching, or on the new ordering interface of ETH Library @ swisscovery.
How the Coffee Lectures work
Each session lasts ten minutes. You will receive concise, condensed information on a particular topic and have time to ask questions at the end. Just the right length of time to enjoy a coffee while you listen.
The online events will be held call_made at 3.15 p.m. on Wednesday afternoons from 08 June to 06 July 2022. Event language is English. via Zoom
Registration is not required. For browser-based Zoom sessions, we recommend using Chrome.
Topics in June and July 2022
- Creative Commons – get the right license in just a few clicks – 08 June 2022
- No Deal with Oxford University Press – what is being negotiated and how do I get my information anyway? – 15 June 2022
- Lost in space? Finding maps and geodata for research and teaching – 22 June 2022
- Research data sharing – duties and benefits – 29 June 2022
- Borrowing documents is easy? The new ordering interface on ETH Library @ swisscovery – 06 July 2022
New topics are welcome!
Do you have any questions about a tool or would you like more in-depth information on a topic related to information search, scientific writing and publishing or archiving? Send us your proposed topic to and we will see if it is suitable for a Coffee Lecture.